Friday, March 26, 2010

Why can't I save a shape tween in Flash...

I'm using Flash CS4 on a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.1.

I've added two shape tweens on two layers in my main timeline. The SWF tests fine. All is good.

I close the document.

I open it up again and the tween shapes are gone and there are only regular frames between the transitional shapes in their respective keyframes.

I've already added shape hints, and they are completely restored when I convert the intermediary frames back to shape tweens.

Exporting to SWF after restoring the shape tweens works fine.

Closing and then opening the FLA still results in the shape tweens reverting back to regular frames.

Exporting an SWF from the newly opened document shows no shape tweening as it is gone from the main timeline.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

If extra information is required, I can provide it.

Properly functioning SWF:

http://qreativ.com/clientproject/ipn0452/

Why can't I save a shape tween in Flash...

Are you able to share the FLA file?

Why can't I save a shape tween in Flash...

I've attached here.

Apparently, this forum didn't let me attach my file.

It's available from this link:

http://www.2big2send.com/shared.php?token=b26356818f508a17195c17c27e0595f2

Hi there,

The frames in question are the ones that were highlighted on the ''J morph'' and ''K morph'' layers, correct?

Classic tweens and shape tweens are not supported on tween layers. They cannot be created on these layers, and if they're dragged or pasted there, they'll turn static (an undo is needed to move them back).

So my guess is that it may have been done before the save, as I can't imagine how that would have occurred between saving and reopening. The fix would be to put those two shape tweens on their own layers (which is a preferred practice anyway) and see if that fixes things.

Hope that helps,

Jen.

Oh, yeah. I forgot that shape tweens have to be in a separate layer.

I did as you suggested and now the shape tweens survive the save. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment