Friday, March 26, 2010

AIR is extendible?

I'm making a client-side application, and I want it to be beautiful and cross-platform. That's why I choose AIR.

The thing is, my client will use both UDP and TCP protocols to communicate with other clients and servers in a local network. As far as I know, flash does not, and maybe will never, support UDP. Can you give me some advices?

AIR is extendible?

No, you can't add your own extensions to AIR. BTW, UDP support is planned for the next release of AIR.

AIR is extendible?

Well, I'm not sure that kind of UDP is what I want. It sounds like I

have to connect to the Adobe site, and it's not multicast. My

application has to be run in a local network, I mean internet is not

accessible for security reasons.

Thank you for your reply anyway.

AIR 2.0 will support sending and receiving UDP packets. You won't have to use rtmp (which also uses UDP).

Oh that's great. I'm looking forward to the next release.

Thank you for your information.

No comments:

Post a Comment