Sunday, March 28, 2010

Seperate PNG layers in CS2?

Hi. I'm kinda new to photoshop, and image editing as a whole. My issue is this: I heard that PNG files still hold the layer data that was used to make them. For instance, if I were to make a picture in photoshop using three layers and then export it to PNG, does it still hold that layers data deep in there?

And if so, is it possible to seperate that data and form the original layers again in photoshop? I'm desperately trying to seperate the layers in an old picture I made before, as I've lost the original PDF file. Any help would be beautiful.

BTW, if I cant do it in photoshop, what CAN I do it with?

Seperate PNG layers in CS2?

The simple answer is no. PNG has two channels, the actual image data and an alpha channel for the transparency.

Seperate PNG layers in CS2? I heard that PNG files still hold the layer data that was used to make them.

PNG can't edit by photoshop because it not support layer.

I used to try same you, but it can't do.

iPod Touch 3rd GenerationiPod Touch 3rd GENNew iPod Touch ScreenApple iPod Touch Third GenerationiPod Shuffle 4th GenerationCheapest iPod Shuffle MP3 Players Cheapest SalesMP3 Players for SaleApple iPodSony MP3 PlayersZune HDMP3 Players Store Zune HDZune HD TouchZune HD Video PlayerNEW iPod Touch

No. As the others said, PNG has no layers. Fireworks and a few other programs, however, use the format's expandability to store multiple image chunks along with custom data which on re-opening the file in those programs will make it look like a native layered format. It's a whole different process than what PS does, though, so it is usually not compatible outside the original creator program and that ''layer'' info is lost.

Mylenium

  • benzoyl peroxide
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment