Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How to embed custom data to form

Hi!

Is there some recommended way to embed custom static data to the form? For example movies catalog in XML. When I create order form, I would like to have a catalog included in it. The catalog has categories and using script I would like prepopulate drop down list according to selected category.

I don't want catalog data be included in submited XML data. Catalog should be part of the form. I also would like prepopulate catalog at design time or using some workflow component.

I created solution having catalog as form attachments but I expect the should be some more elegant ''storage''.

I also am able to import nodes into xfa.datasets.

I also read about extras attribute in XFA specification.

I guess I'm not the first person trying this, so I don't want to spend time reinventing wheel. Could please anybody give me some advice?

Thanks,

--- Jaroslav

How to embed custom data to form

I used workflow in loading dynamic lists in similar scenario. Once workflow send the response back with dynamic list values I would call the script to load the list in Dropdown. This is just an idea you still have to do coding. Since this involves workflow I can only offer ideas not the real solution.

How to embed custom data to form

Well, that sounds to be a good way. I can use webservice to ask backend for data and fill the lists. If I do it on server side using Adobe Forms, I got prepopulated PDF as I need. But I don't have Adobe Forms on this project nor have users on-line to call webservice.

I bet there have to be some place in XFA structure to store user data.

--- Jaroslav

No comments:

Post a Comment