Tuesday, March 30, 2010

keeping watermarks constant size

Hi - I have created an action to embed a watermark.聽 The action keeps the text layers so the text can be moved and/or resized.聽 However I want the text to be the same size on all images automatically instead of what I do now which is command-T to grab text box聽 and dragging to resize text.

I don't want to resize image - but resize watermark.聽 Below is snapshot of my layers created by action.聽聽

Does anyone have any suggestions?

keeping watermarks constant size

ct44 wrote:

However I want the text to be the same size on all images automatically

keeping watermarks constant size

So are you saying there is no way to create a sequence of events to enable the watermark to have the same size in a photo?聽聽 How do others do it who must have many images of differing sizes but their watermark is always the same size.

Do You mean same size or the same in relation to width or height?

Because You probably have portrait and landscape-photos.

I mean same size in relation to height.聽聽 My watermark goes continually across the picture so its the height that is what matters.聽聽 Not just the position but also the size of the font in relation to the picture.聽 So all the watermarks look identical in size.

Here is example of what is happening.聽聽 Same action on 2 photos of different sizes.聽聽 I want the watermark to remain the same so it fits.

I鈥檓 tempted to recommend Scripting the operation, but You can probably achieve it with an Action.

Resizing the images to a specific height without Resampling might be a way.

I meant same size as in resolution. the resolution must be the same.

It seems like you're trying to re-size the text to fit the photo. Do it the other way around: resize the photo to fit the text.

Based on my assumption that these are for on-line viewing (web gallery, etc.), the workflow would be to first crop/size all the jpegs for the web, and then add the watermark. This can be done fairly easily in Lr, Ps, iView, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment