Friday, March 26, 2010

Illustrator CS4 will not launch under...

Hi there,

I've just done a clean install of Snow Leopard on my Mac. Here's what I did.

1) Installed Snow Leopard 10.6

2) Installed all OS X updates (including 10.6.1)

3) Installed Quark Xpress 8.12

4) Installed Adobe CS4 Design Standard

5) Installed all Adobe updates (no updates related to Illustrator)

6) Installed Extensis Suitcase Fusion 2 (v13.2.1)

Photoshop launches fine.

When I launch Illustrator it crashes just after the splash screen appears.

Any ideas please?

Can't find anything on web really - if can't get an answer soon then I'll have to go back to Leopard .

Thanks,

Mike.

Illustrator CS4 will not launch under...

I would suspect Suitcase and perhaps a corrupt font might be causing this issue and the data base is now corrupt.

However before really pointing the finger at any software try this remove all unessential fonts then

do this

first quite Illustrator and then;

I would go to Users/username/Library/preferences/Adobe Illustrator CS4 Settings folder and trash that settings folder.Illustrator CS4 will not launch under...

That fixed it, thank you!

I think the issue may have been that I forgot to launch any of the apps before installing Suitcase.

After I did that fix, it came up with a message during Illustrator startup that the FM core wasn't running and needed enabling in System Preferences.

Went into system prefs and enabled this to run at system startup - that then removed that message. This also fixed an issue where Quark was crashing with 'Access Denied' error on startup.

Cheers for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment