Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trying to Print Document

Forgive me I am not really good at all this computer, technical stuff.?I have Adobe Reader 9 installed.?I am trying to print a document. I can see and read the document but when I go to print it all that prints is a large, empty rectangular box.?Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get it to print properly, before I throw my computer and printer out the window??Thank you in advance for your help!

Lisa

Edited to add it is an Adobe PDF file.

Trying to Print Document

Can you print from any other documents (WORD, TXT, etc) to a real printer? You do have to select a printer unless the default printer is what you want to use. We can't really see what you are doing, so if you can't figure out what I mentioned, then you will need to provide the individual steps you are using to try to print the PDF. You will need to tell us the name of the printer and such.

Trying to Print Document

Is this a problem with one document or all documents?

Lisa,

Did you try to add the file as an attachment to your post? If so, it didn't work.

Try to do it again as it can help us figure out what the problem is.

Thank you?for all your responses.?I am able to print from email, word documents etc.. We have a HP 2410xi Photosmart Printer. The document?is 55 pages, and I have tried to print different pages and none of them will print.?I can't attatch the document because it is a file that I paid for and I think it would affect the copyright if I posted it? Sorry If I am not giving enough information to help me.?It just seems weird that I am able to print everything else, just not this PDF file.?I was hoping it was just an easy fix.?Thank you all for your help.

Lisa

Ah! Check ctrl-D%26gt;Security. Sounds like you do not have permission to print it. Sometimes this is done to prevent copying. Anyway, sure sounds like a security issue.

I did check by pressing Control D.?It says Printing ALLOWED....?

I am about to give up.?Thank you for all your suggstions.

When you open the printing dialog, check what is selected in the ''Comments and Forms'' drop-down box (sorry, I don't have the English version in front me right now, it might be called something else, but the first option is ''Document only''). I'm thinking that maybe the creator placed a hidden (but printable) form field over the content to prevent printing it, or something like that.

Try printing using each of the preferences in the drop-down box and see if it makes any difference...

%26gt;Reader 9 installed

You might try the Reader forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Hey Lisa,

Make sure that you have highlighted what you would like printed. On the print set up screen and just below the Properties button is the Comments and Forms button. Be sure you highlight the one to fit your needs. Be especially deligent when you recieve a marked up document. In Reader there are three choices, in Writer there are four. In order for everything to print with a marked up document one needs to highlight Documents and Markups.

Not sure if this helps.

Cheers kserre

No comments:

Post a Comment