Friday, March 26, 2010

Lightroom 2 and CS4

I have been using Lightroom 1 for a while and I am now trying Lightroom 2. My workflow may not have been the best but in LR1 I would pull all of my photos into CS3 and use CS3 to sharpen. When I would save the file in CS3 it would create a file in the LR1 catalog that I could then export. When I try the same process using LR2 and CS4 it works if I do it one file at a time. But if I try and do a batch save and close it does not create the file in LR2. It would take forever for me to have to save each one just to create the file in LR2and then export.

If someone knows the solution or just has a better workflow I am open to all suggestions.

Lightroom 2 and CS4

For batch work, sharpening and some other things, in LR 1 I'd create a droplet to sharpen in CS3, all would be well.

However, the really good news to me is that sharpening in LR 2 is miles ahead of how it was in v1, and I sharpen in PS now only if I am needing to do other stuff there any way.

Lightroom 2 and CS4

Lightroom's default method of sending files to Photoshop and back again has changed with ver 2.x, and this may explain the difference in save behaviour that you're seeing. To get the old behaviour you'll need to set Photoshop CS4 as an additional External Editor.

The following screenshot shows CS3, but it applies equally to CS4. Hopefully, it solves your problem

I don't have the ''external editing'' menu item in preferences in CS4.

I can look for it but I don't necessarily need to do it the old way if it is improved in LR2. I would like to continue to sharpen in CS4. I usually sharpen using high pass on a duplicate layer and I am happy with the results.

Thanks,

Scott

It's in LIghtroom not Photoshop.

Thanks, I misread your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment