Sunday, March 28, 2010

Making a shape without colour fill

Hi All,

I'm new at Illustrator. I was trained on Freehand, but I've been away from design for a couple of years, and I'm getting a little frustrated! It's probably just not knowing terms, but I'm having an impossible time using the star tool. I want my shape to have no fill, just the outside lines. What am I doing or not doing here?

Making a shape without colour fill

I should mention I'm using CS3

Making a shape without colour fill

I just figured out the stroke and fill are in reverse order from freehand. That was simple!

Look over at the bottom left of your tool pallet. Now while looking at it hit the X key a few times. Youll notice that there are two squares changing focus every time you hit it. Well while the one thats solid is in focus click the ''/'' key. To recolor the outline make the oulined square the focus then pick a color and stroke size in those respective pallets.

No comments:

Post a Comment