Friday, March 26, 2010

What is with the user interface?

Hi all,

Just downloaded PSE8 to see if I want to upgrade from PSE6. Not really sure yet. For openers you cannot dump the 'Welcome Screen' and the choices are, you are going to get it whether you like it or not. Now for the 'user interface adjustment' under the Preferences%26gt;General tab. Great you can make it 'light'. I do like that, it's not as light as my old PSE5. I could never figure out why Adobe went to a black user interface? ?However, when you do make the user interface 'light', all the necessary buttons ie. file, edit, enhance, layer, etc. are so black you can't find them, let alone read them. ?It's sort of like hit or miss. I think the buttons should display white lettering when you change the user interface to light. You know, just so you can find them, either that or make the buttons in braille. ?Well that's my rant and question on PSE8. Why can't the programmers think of this stuff?

John

What is with the user interface?

It's not that they don't--they got reminded plenty by people with previous versions. But they just don't seem to care, unfortunately. If you want to be sure adobe reads your thoughts, use the feedback tab on the Contact link at the top of this webpage to tell them. Since this is a user to user forum, there's no knowing for sure that an adobe person will see what you post here.

What is with the user interface?

Thank You for the reply Barbara, and the advice. That is just what I'll do; but I'll wager the next version of PSE comes out with a 'black user interface' and even 'blacker print on the buttons'. Just being cynnical in my old age.

Well, I wouldn't take that bet, for sure.

For openers you cannot dump the 'Welcome Screen' and the choices are, you are going to get it whether you like it or not.

For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread, I'd say this is even more important in PSE 8, since the welcome screen tends to hang after the program is registered if you don't have an active internet connection when you start Elements, since it's looking for your photoshop.com account information.

Barbara and John,

Thanks for taking the time to answer this post and my query on PSE8. I have decided after working with this 'trial' for about six hours I don't like it anymore than I do my PSE6. I will pass on this one as I did on PSE7. If Adobe keeps turning them out with a 'black user interface' they have lost me as a customer. I'm glad I kept my PSE4 disk.

JohnM

No comments:

Post a Comment