Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pasting from clipboard

Let me preface this by saying I have installed Snow Leopard, but I honestly can't remember if this problem began before or after the installation. I had no problem doing this before.

My problem seems to be pasting from my clipboard from a source outside Acrobat 9.1.3. I edit other artists' work done in Illustrator and submitted to me in Acrobat. I sometimes drawn an example of artwork in Illustrator, copy it (usually using command/shift/4 then control/click-drag) into the clipboard, then just command/v in Acrobat and all is well. But, lately, the artwork will not paste. What pastes in is text that was in the clipboard before the artwork.

I've tried using the snapshot tool with the same results. I can paste the clipboard artwork back into Illustrator just fine--even MSWord, but not Acrobat. I've tried copying and pasting from Acrobat-to-Acrobat and it won't work. I can copy from Acrobat-to-Illustrator successfully. Just not into Acrobat.

I can, sucessfully, copy and paste text and lines and dots and arrows from the markup menu in Acrobat. Did I accidentally trip a switch I'm not aware of? Or is this a Snow Leopard thing?

My workaround (not the best) is to save the entire Illustrator example page as a PDF and slip it in after the page I'm marking up in Acrobat. It works somewhat, but awkward. As I mentioned, all was well until just recently. It always worked fine before.

Suggestions?

Pasting from clipboard

No comments or suggestions? I guess maybe I'm the only one with this problem. I'm wondering (if no one else suffers from this malady) if I should try re-installing Acrobat. It's a real thorn in my side.

Pasting from clipboard

Well, in case anyone is interested (seems not), for some reason today the problem cleared itself up. I've kept trying to paste into Acrobat, day after day, and, voil璋?-today it worked. No idea why. I did not do a re-install or anything special. Just thought I'd give this thread some closure.

Pilcrow wrote:

Well, in case anyone is interested (seems not), for some reason today the problem cleared itself up. I've kept trying to paste into Acrobat, day after day, and, voil璋?-today it worked. No idea why. I did not do a re-install or anything special. Just thought I'd give this thread some closure.

I didn't really mean that the way it sounded. Sorry.

However, I think I figured it out. So if there's ever anyone else stuck with this problem, here's what it is: It depends on the selection tool you're using when you attempt to paste. You need to have the ''TouchUp Text Tool'' selected to paste a graphic--which doesn't make sense to me. It seems to me that the ''Select Object Tool'' (which is what I was trying to use) would be the obvious tool to be selected, but that's what was causing me the problem.

In any case, that's the answer. I appreciate all the scratched heads out there. These forums are really very helpful.

No problem. I inherited that very trait from my dad. We could both say or write something innocent to us, and mean it one way, and it came out to other sounding like they were being insulting.

It happens to the best of us.

(Please note information is given by an Experienced User of Acrobat. I am not an employee of Adobe.)

  • great wear
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment