Sunday, March 28, 2010

PSE7 (editor) not opening for Vista...

Six months ago I bought a new Dell laptop with Elements 7.0 and up until a few days ago it was working great.

Now, when I double-click on a .jpg, and as Photoshop is loading I get an error message saying that editor has stopped working and has to close, which is the only option I have.?I haven't been able to access the full editor function for almost a week.?Today after a total of 4 hours on the phone with Dell they were useless.?I talked to both hardware and software departments and though they tried they couldn't figure out what was going on.?I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program which I have on disk.?The organizer opens fine but no way to open the full editor.

So, I guess I have two questions?

1) Is this in fact a problem with my computer or could it be the adobe software?

and 2)?If I were to buy PSE8 and simply bag the old program would that work better on my PC with Vista-64, or might I still suffer the same inability to open the editor?

Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree here, but I had to pose the questions.?So frustrated, any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.?I have no idea what to do by this point.?Thanks.

PSE7 (editor) not opening for Vista...

Unfortunately, there are many reasons why the PSE Editor might crash, and often it is hard to diagnose quickly the reason for the crash. Here are some steps you can take to try to fix the problem. Even if you think you閳ユ獫e tried some of these before, try them again, precisely as described here:

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshopelements-6-7-faq.htm#_Troubleshooti ng_Editor_crashes

No comments:

Post a Comment