Friday, March 26, 2010

any art suggestions for less blurried...

Hello again

Here is my site

www.theworldtravelers.com

My client has mentioned that the stars I created--the large ones with type inside (see the contact page)--have blurried edges.

Right now these are just images I created in PS --72 dpi jpgs--antialiased. Anyway to create smoother-edged shapes while not creating code problems?

TIA

Gretchen

any art suggestions for less blurried...

I dont think code has anything to do with the blurred edges. This is a photoshop question

How did you re-size the stars as you were designing your header? Did you scale them? or change the image size of each star?

any art suggestions for less blurried...

Hmmm, definately not a coding problem and in fact you seem to be going about it the right way with 72 dpi and antialiasing.

I've been having a go myself with your image and can't improve on it but that isn't to say it can't be improved!?You might try a different font but overall, I'd as already suggested, I'd scoot over to the PS boards and ask your question there.

Good luck

Martin

I run into this from time to time with my artwork...make sure you have a compatible color for the matte color (if you are using Fireworks) so that the anti-aliasing can soften into a color instead of into harsh white.The difficulty I find with using white is that it 'goes transparent' and doesn't hold up in the anti-aliasing as well as even a subtle color.

You might need to play around with it until you get satisfactory results.

The other question is, did you create this as vector art or bitmap art? Of course it will be made into bitmap art when you export it for the web, but it seems to me that if you work in a higher resolution in PS you'll get cleaner lines, even when you export it to web (72dpi).

As mentioned, the Photoshop Forum is a good place to ask this question.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment