Friday, March 26, 2010

Feedback on headless support for FU4...

Afternoon everyone,

I'm looking for some feedback on the type of headless support y'all would like to see in the FlexUnit4 Ant task.?Currently I am tossing around the following ideas:

- Support to run the Flash Player headlessly using xvfb or xvnc on Linux

- Support to take a snapshot of the Flash movie when a timeout occurs when running the Flash Player headlessly

Please let me know if these features would be useful to you or not worth the trouble.?I'm working on refactoring the code base to support these features currently, so keep an eye out.?Also, keep an eye out for AIR support via adl, coming soon.?Looking forward to getting an ear full

-Brian

Feedback on headless support for FU4...

Feautre #1 I think would be greatly apprechiated given the amount of blog postings about how to set this up

Feature #2 I don't think is very improtant as you can have the Flash Player report this in the log file.

Feedback on headless support for FU4...

@leftie friele - Thanks for the feedback.?The snapshot idea came from some instances where I had a developer write a test for a component and then it was later updated to include a pop-up that required user interaction and our CI build would hang.?I agree with you though, it may be worth while to give people information on how to setup the debug Flash Player as well as how to configure mm.cfg for logging.

No comments:

Post a Comment