Sunday, March 28, 2010

footnotes solution?

i have a plain text in this format:

Yes, of course it is an experiment! But it is made in corpore vili. It
is not irreparable, and there is no reason, more's the pity, why I
should not please myself. I will ask--it is a rhetorical question which
needs no answer--what is a hapless bachelor to do, who is
professionally occupied and tied down in a certain place for just half
the year? What is he to do with the other[1] half? I cannot live on in my
college rooms, and I am not compelled to do so for economy. I have near
relations and many friends, at whose houses I should be made welcome.
But I cannot be like the wandering dove, who found no repose. I have a
great love of my independence and my liberty. I love my own fireside,
my own chair, my own books, my own way. It is little short of torture
to have to conform to the rules of[2] other households, to fall in with
other people's arrangements, to throw my pen down when the gong sounds,
to make myself agreeable to fortuitous visitors, to be led whither I
would not. I do this, a very little, because I do not desire to lose
touch with my kind; but then my work is of a sort which brings me into

[1] footnote

[2] footnote

(next paragraph)

would not. I do this, a very little, because I do not desire to lose
touch with my kind; but then my work is of a sort which brings me into

etc-etc-etc....

and through out the text this goes on...i have plain texts with more then 200+


(also there is an option where footnotes are at the end of the text, not as this

case after the paragraph where they are)

thanks for help!

footnotes..is there a script that can handle import of the footnotes???

footnotes solution?