Friday, March 26, 2010

Think I made a mistake in upgrade

I have Dreamweaver 8 and bought a student CS4, but when I try to register the product, CS4 looks for previous products and 8 is not listed. I don't have a lot of money and found the CS4 upgrade (student price) and must have misunderstood the qualifications about the previous products.

I know I read somewhere that it listed CS2 (Dreamweaver 8) as a qualifying product for the upgrade. Am I mistaken that CS2 and 8 (because the 8 was in parenthesis next to CS2) are the same product? If so, I guess I just paid $99.00 for nothing and will now have to spend another $199.99 for an upgrade that will work.

Any suggestions here? I really need CS4 because it is a current class I'm taking. DW 8 works, but there are some things we are covering that 8 does not have!

Think I made a mistake in upgrade

This is a user to user forum only , so you really need to speak to Adobe Support about this.

You need to inform them of your previous version and the upgrade path you wanted to take and see if they can help you sort out the issue.

Think I made a mistake in upgrade

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me the URL to contact Adobe about this? Every time I look, I get lead here.

No problems?:-)

The support portal is here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=membership%26amp;returnURL=%2Fcf usion%2Fsupport%2Findex.cfm%3Fevent%3Dportal%26loc%3Den_us%26amp;loc=en_us

and phone contact here:

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

Good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment