Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Problem exporting to tape

I have recently upgraded my system to meet HDV requirements. System is Vista 64 bit, 2.83 Ghz Core 2 quad, 4 Ghz RAM, Nvidia G Force 9600GT video card with 512 Mhz RAM and separate drives for video (raid 0) etc etc. I am set up for PAL 25 fps and completed a small 15 minute project. Checked all settings and selected Export to Tape. Everything whent well.....for 4 and a half minutes then Canon HV40 camera displays message ''Check HDV/DV input''. This happens every time after about 4 - 5 minutes. However, Premiere Elements 7 continues to show ''recording to tape''. Very frustrating. Capturing video from camera to computer is faultless.

Has anyone had this problem?

Problem exporting to tape

I have never had any problems, but then I use the tips in this ARTICLE, prior to every editing session.

Good luck,

Hunt

Problem exporting to tape

Thank you Hunt,

After reading some of the threads in ''More Like This'' column on the right, I have little confidence in either Adobe or Canon resolving this particular problem. A phone call to Canon Support a waste of time. They ''do not support third party software...''. Adobe Support Portal are still working on my problem.

A profesional film maker friend of mine has the exact same problem with CS4 and a Canon G1. He was alarmed at the number of simular issues found in various forums on the web.

Cheers

I encourage you to contact Adobe and advise them of your frustration.

Thank you Steve,

Yes I have contacted Adobe on this matter and I am waiting for their next response in the Support Portal. As a matter of interest, I opened a new project in PE7 and created a time line with 7 minutes of Bar and Tone, still had the same problem, and yet another time line with blank video only - no audio, same problem!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment