Sunday, March 28, 2010

Twitter Widget font size - CSS?

Howdy

I am trying to shrink the font sizes of the twitter widget on http://www.mnuzzo.com/main.html

Experimenting with CSS in DWCS3 I've come close, but not without changing one of the other styles

I could use a suggestion

Thank you

Mike

Twitter Widget font size - CSS?

Here is what I see from your code:

%26lt;script%26gt;
new TWTR.Widget({
?profile: true,
?id: 'twtr-profile-widget',
?loop: true,
?width: 150,
?height: 250,
?interval: 12000,
?theme: {
?shell: {
?background: '#5f3813',
?color: '#ffffff'
?},
?tweets: {
?background: '#f4ede4',
?color: '#5f3813',
?links: '#319c31'
?}
?}
}).render().setProfile('mikenuzzo').start();
%26lt;/script%26gt;

It appears that your CSS for this widget is being controlled here.?Add font-size to the tweets CSS and you should be good to go.

Twitter Widget font size - CSS?

Thank you Snakeyez

I've tried a few times, but unfortunately that doesn't work.

I contacted the widget creator and he said it needed to be done in the main CSS not the widget.

Here is the twitter widget doc:

http://www.dustindiaz.com/twitter-widget-doc/

His CSS %26amp; page http://www.dustindiaz.com/ was too complicated for me to decipher.

I'm trying to redefine the css of the twitter widget in the table cell -- with little success.

Can I create a different css for each cell of a table?

Cheers

You can create a new class in your css file and apply it to a table cell.

Thank you Kath.

I know very little about applying CSS to a cell - hard for me to find an answer too.

If someone can suggest a band-aid CSS add-on or suggestion I'd be very thankful.

Cheers

Have you tried changing the font size in the widget.css

.twtr-widget{

position:relative;font-size:12px!important;font-family:''lucida grande'',lucida,tahoma,helvetica,arial,sans-serif!important;zoom:1;}

Using Firefox and the web development toolbar for editing CSS directly, I changed the 12px to 10px and it decreased the font size. (in FFox at least - don't have the capability to test this in IE without taking the page down, but it should work the same in IE as it does in FFox).

--

Nadia

Adobe Community Expert : Dreamweaver

---------------------------------------------------------------

Unique CSS Templates | Tutorials | SEO Articles

http://www.DreamweaverResources.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Design %26amp; Development

http://www.perrelink.com.au

http://twitter.com/nadiap

Thank you Nadia.

I've tried a few items in the css file that i'm now referencing on my site.

It was unsuccessful.

It appears as if the widget is using the colors from the main.html file - the brown text and green links aren't in the css file.

I have been able to change the size of the widget font but not without changing the size of the font in the big cell to the left - with the flags.

The other cells copy size does not change - the ones above.

So I assume I am changing the bottom row not the single cell.....

Cheers

It appears as if the widget is using the colors from the main.html file - the brown text and green links aren't in the css file.

Thank you Nadia - I certainly wouldn't ask you to download and try yourself - this is harder for me than I thought.

I spent some time last night researching and learning - I've got some more to do yet.

This seems to be my late night activity - maybe for tonight too.

Cheers

  • benzoyl peroxide
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment