Sunday, April 4, 2010

Problems with animated masks and...

I have an instance of a movieClip on the stage and I load an external JPG into the movieClip.?The movieClip is masked by a layer that begins animating on a certain frame.?As soon as I reach that frame my externally loaded JPG disappears.?The movieClip doesn't mind being masked, but as soon as the mask animates the external image goes away.?The mask animation is shapes drawn frame by frame.

It is interesting to note that if I create a Class and load the JPG into the movieClip (or do this in a constructor) I do not experience this problem - it is when the JPGs are loaded into an instance of the movieClip that lives on the stage that I encounter this. Unfortunately that is not an option in my project (since I have to get the path for the JPG from an xml file I am loading).

Could someone please help me with this?

Problems with animated masks and...

that's a flash bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment