Sunday, April 4, 2010

Is Bridge supporting 16 Bit for NEF...

Hi to all!

I'm a longtime Aperture user, but I'm considering to use it in future more for all my selecting and ordering of my files, and would like to do the Raw conversion in Adobe Camera Raw.

My files used in Aperture are 'referenced', so only the edits etc. will be stored as an extra file in Aperture Library. So I can work on the NEF files within Aperture, but also within CS4 (which gives me the edits as an extra file beside the photo file, it seems not to disturb Aperture).

So far so good. But now I noticed that Aperture is converting my 14 Bit NEF files before working on it into a 16 Bit file. I also can export it as a 16 bit file, but not as a NEF anymore. If I open the same NEF file in Camera Raw it appears to be only a 8 Bit file.

Is there a way that Adobe could change it into a 16 Bit. Or is this not important during that converting in Camera RAW?

Thanks for any advise

Is Bridge supporting 16 Bit for NEF...

In Camera RAW you have to choose 16bit click the link below the image.

Is Bridge supporting 16 Bit for NEF...

Thank you so much Buko!

I didn't notice that those info's were 'clickable'.

Super easy, and cool. Also the OPTION to choose the resolution is great.

You were much of a help!

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment