Sunday, April 4, 2010

MSWord Active X txt box not converting...

I'm using MSWord 2007 and Acrobat 9 Pro.?Trying to take a form that I have created in MS Word with text input boxes that have been added via the Active X developer tool and convert them to forms in Acrobat.?I print to PDF and then start the forms wizard but it will not find the text boxes.?It will recognize the simple check box from the legacy forms but not he text input boxes.?Any words of wisdom?

MSWord Active X txt box not converting...

Is the text box have a border or something that distinguishes it from text?

MSWord Active X txt box not converting...

Yes, the text box has a border and that border shows up clearly in the pdf.?I am having to go back in the pdf, retrace the text boxes with the add text a new text field from the Add New Field option. It just does not make sense why the PDF would not recognize the text input fields from Word and convert over the field names also.?All the info is there - that's why I'm wondering if it a setting that I have on my computer when I print the PDF.

If you are patient, I am sure some of the form gurus will be around to make suggestions. I don't do them that much. Also, I do them in Acrobat. If you use Designer, you might get better ideas from the LiveCycle forum.

Thanks, I'll check out the Live Cyle group also.

Not much in the Live Cyle group - except the recommendation to go check the Acrobat forums. :(

Seems like some other people have had this same problem though it has not been resolved.?Could someone from Adobe let me know whether a fix is in the works?

Thnx,

- BB

Adobe does not check this forum all that much. Since the CEO announcement we have seen more Adobe presence than in a long time. You may have to wait a bit for a response, but the ones that do check in seem to be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment