Friday, April 2, 2010

Interactive PDF in InDesign

I am attempting to make an interactive pdf using InDesign rather than Adobe Acrobat Pro.?I want to have a page where you can click or mouse over a graphical icon/button and another graphic that contains both graphic and text will pop up.?At this point I am stuck.?I built my existing pdf by making buttons and having the setting so that on click it will open file(a separate pdf), however when I export my InDesign document to a final pdf and select interactive...the end result only works by keeping the final pdf and the linked pdfs for the buttons together.?What I want is one single stand alone file that contains (somehow has all needed files embedded) to email out to clients.?Is there a way to embed the pop up graphics hidden in the document??Or am I going about this all wrong??I could really use some advice!

Another question - Is there a way to have hidden additional pages in your pdf that are used as the pop-ups on page 1 of your pdf, but can only be viewed as your button's pop-up on page 1?

I am using Adobe Creative Suite 3, Design Premium.

Interactive PDF in InDesign

Create the button and the content you want to be hidden / shown with it.

Group the content and cut it. Paste into a new frame and convert that to a button.

Set the behavior of the first button to show/hide the other one.

Bob

Interactive PDF in InDesign

I am having one of the issues mentioned. I have made two buttons. On mouse down they should open PDFs. When I export to PDF I make sure that I have 'Interactive Elements' ticked and Multimedia set to 'Embed All'. I would assume this should embed the two PDFs that are connected to the two buttons but it does not.

How do I embed the PDFs in the final PDF? I am using CS2.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment