Friday, April 2, 2010

File got corrupt during Save crash

I was saving a file, and right then had a power outage. I went to sleep, woke up next day, opened the file in DW and it's all blank. Says 19kb but is blank. How do I recover the data? It's really important stuff that I coded and I have to meet a deadline so help would be much appreciated. Anyone has this happened to them?

Also, what precautions can I take to prevent this in the future?

File got corrupt during Save crash

Unless you have the file saved as a backup, or uploaded it to the server, then I'm afraid you are out of luck.?As far as I am aware there is no way to recover a lost file.

There could be a tmp file somewhere if you previewed the file in the browser, but I'm not even sure where it may be located - and DW is supposed to remove the tmp files on close anyway.

File got corrupt during Save crash

Oh well, to save myself from a future incident like this, I've setup a subversion server locally. Also, I rewrote the code (made it better, too!)

Thank you for helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment