Friday, April 2, 2010

CS4 Bridge can't see CS3 Photoshop's ACR

Hi all, I have been using CS3 PS + ACR happily for the last year.?Yesterday I downloaded the CS4 trial packs for Dreamweaver, Flash, etc, and installed them, along with CS4 Bridge.

CS4 Bridge will send an image to CS3 PS but when I select ''Open in Camera Raw'' it tells me I have to ''launch a qualifying product at least once to include this feature''.

Que pasa?

Fortunately, CS3 Bridge is still available, and still has all its cups in the cupboard; but it's rather inconvenient running both.

I would be grateful for any suggestions,

John Ewing

CS4 Bridge can't see CS3 Photoshop's ACR

With that combination you are likely to run into several problems, particularly with file associations and ACR compatibility.


Why didn't you get the trial of PS CS4 too?

CS4 Bridge can't see CS3 Photoshop's ACR

Hi John, thanks for the reply.?I'm considering adding CS4 Web Standard to my toolkit and I just downloaded the trial components.?I was chary of getting PS CS4 trial because I didn't want to break any CS3 license parameters in the registry if I let the trial period run out.?The upgrade is $199 in the US, but it's nearly 300 euros here, which is significant money just to restore a compatibility.

File associations are no problem, and ACR probably has no issues with Bridge unless they've made major changes to the interface, which I doubt.?I think it's more likely to be a simple question of one product seeing the other one's licensing rights in the registry.

JohnE

JohnEwing wrote:

I was chary of getting PS CS4 trial because I didn't want to break any CS3 license parameters in the registry if I let the trial period run out.

File associations are no problem, and ACR probably has no issues with Bridge unless they've made major changes to the interface, which I doubt.?I think it's more likely to be a simple question of one product seeing the other one's licensing rights in the registry.

JohnEwing wrote:

I didn't want to break any CS3 license parameters in the registry if I let the trial period run out

%26lt;...%26gt;

I think it's more likely to be a simple question of one product seeing the other one's licensing rights in the registry.

Thanks, for the input, guys.?The way I'm now looking is to get the full Web Premium package, which will give me a full PS CS4 licence plus Illustrator, which also interests me.?I can then slap the PS CS3 version onto one of our other computers, which won't go amiss.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment