Sunday, April 4, 2010

Editing a text block--another selection...

Don't want to be too confusing.... but let's say you have a text block, within a document.?The page has a border around the whole page. When I try to select my text block to make changes, I first click on the text tool, and click inside the text block.?But, it doesn't work!?I can't seem to get my ''i beam'' cursor up.?I seem to have highlight the text first, a couple of times, and then try to select it again.... What's with that??Is the bounding border around the whole page, or other frames causing this??There must be something I'm missing.?It should take seconds to jump into a text block and edit.?Not 5 minutes trial and error solutions.

Thanks.

Editing a text block--another selection...

indesigna wrote:

But, it doesn't work!?I can't seem to get my ''i beam'' cursor up.?I seem to have highlight the text first, a couple of times, and then try to select it again....

Editing a text block--another selection...

See your other thread for suggestions, but in this case it sounds like perhaps the page frame is in front of the text, rather than behind it. If that's the case, clicking with the text tool in an empty frame or rectangle will instanly convert it into a text frame, and you should see a flashing cursor in the upper left corner, precisely where you don't want it.

You can use the selction tool to select the text frame first, and double clicking withthe selction tool in exisiting text will shwitch you to the text tool with an insertion point where you clicked, you can then move to another point in the same frame easily.

Hold down the command key and select a second time over where your text frame sits. This will select the item below your frame box. Then under Object/arrange, you can bring the text box to the front - or select the frame box and Object/arrange sending the box frame to the back and then select the text frame which now sits on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment